Friday, December 24, 2010

Graduation and a family visit



I finished student teaching around Thanksgiving and have been doing long-term sub work that's teaching a reading class for a few hours in the morning. It has been such great experience and I'm pretty sad for it to end but Matty is going back to school and work soon so Orson and I get to be home together now. I love being a teacher but I really feel like my education will be so the most useful in teaching my children at home and I will someday in the future have my own classroom for more than a five week period of time.

BYU Idaho is such a good school and I feel so blessed to have been able to learn one-on-one from such qualified professors. In some ways I'm glad that we get to stay here a little longer and watch the school grow and do more great things. I know we will never again live under five minutes from a temple and a walmart.

It was fun having people here for graduation. To me it seemed like a hectic visit but I hope it wasn't for everyone else. No one else seemed too concerned that I couldn't find my cap and gown the morning of convocation but luckily, DI was stocked with them. Still have no idea what happened to the darn things.

We're at home this Christmas for the first time since Matt and I have been married and we are having fun carrying out family traditions on our own. Gotta go make breakfast casserole for tomorrow!

2 comments: